Inmate.

 Why were you brought in?

The man asked the boy,

For nothing,the boy quivered,

Ugh!How so?,the man asked,

Well,I was just strolling in the estate,

Like I do in the evenings,

Then the blue landcruiser stopped,

And I was bundled in,

They told me nothing!

What will they tell the judge,the man mused,

You mean the charge,the boy quiped.

Yeah,the crime,seconded the man.

Nothing off course!,they boy exclaimed.

No,boy,there is always a charge.

Did you have an I.D?

Yes,but they took it away,

That's the crime,no I.D.

But i had it!

I know,soothed the man,

And he leaned back on the cell wall,silent.

poet:samuel.

 Thankyou for your participation in the CHEKI CHEKI poetry festival!, Get more informed with insights on poetry here  and read on the theme for the week here! Thankyou once again for your valued support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not a poet.

Narrations to a poem.

I WILL NOT