High school.

 Freezing mornings,

And damn hot days,

Are my portion,

A metal seat,

In the middle of four walls,

And behind a black wall,

The home i know,


Am a highschool child,

And i don't like school,

Though dad better not know,

But i would rather watch a movie,

or go raving with my mates,

and i guess that's why i sneak out of school at night.


How mean the principal is,

Always armed with a short cane,

Ready to break it on a head,

Or make bumps on a buttock,

All my teachers are spoilshows,

Keen to make my life a bore..

 

But even though in the shadow of death i live,

I will not fear,

A thousand strokes i may get,

And six punishments a week,

But i will push on and wait,

For the day i burn down the school.

poet:mutuku.

 Thankyou for your participation in the CHEKI CHEKI poetry festival!, Get more informed with insights on poetry here  and read on the theme for the week here! Thankyou once again for your valued support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not a poet.

Narrations to a poem.

I WILL NOT