I KNEW HE WASN'T SINCERE

 I knew he wasn't sincere,

When with open arms you ran,
And without a single care,
Loved him with absolute abandon.

I knew he wasn't of the kind,
That loves with utmost sincerity,
I had a hunch he was a fiend,
And loving him would be vanity.

What drew you to his snare?,
Prompting poor you to declare,
That you would love him with fervour,
And stick to him forever.

Could it be his well treated hair?,
Oh!it must be his dashing flair,
That had you inexorably drawn,
To be used like a miserable pawn.

I knew you would finally get hurt,
For his 'love' came not from his heart,
All that drove him was pure lust,
From which you failed to desist.

We can't turn back the hands of time
So let's concentrate on the task ahead,
Of laying a solid foundation,
For the yet to be born baby.        

poet: Njuguna kimungu

 Thankyou for your participation in the CHEKI CHEKI poetry festival!, Get more informed with insights on poetry here  and read on the theme for the week here! Thankyou once again for your valued support!

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am not a poet.

Narrations to a poem.

I WILL NOT