I WILL NOT

I will not weep,

Neither will I cry,
Even though I'm hurting,
I will shed narry a tear.

I will neither laugh
Nor will you see me grin,
Even though I am happy,
I'll not bare a single tooth.

I elect neither to eat,
Nor indulge in drinking,
Even though I'm famished,
I will suppress the urges.

I choose not to celebrate,
Nor engage in hilarity,
Even though I'm a winner,
I will not showboat.

I will neither kiss,
Nor will you see me embrace,
Even though I'm in love,
I'll not exhibit my emotions.

I will neither beg for alms,
Nor will I borrow from anyone,
Even though I need help,
I won't lay bare my poverty.

I choose not to sing,
Nor will you see me dance,
Even though I'm gifted,
My diffidence carries the day.

Yes I will not,
For I choose not to.
    

poet: Njuguna kimungu

 Thankyou for your participation in the CHEKI CHEKI poetry festival!, Get more informed with insights on poetry here  and read on the theme for the week here! Thankyou once again for your valued support!

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am not a poet.

Narrations to a poem.